Shades of the Lost Heroes
Back to Quests
Help Elder Scholar to find Kartok and Degoda witch souls are heald by Keepers in two Dungeons. Doing so will reward you with powerful boots that you can equip.
Requirements: Level 40
Start Location: Nepeth Strata, Ondekodo, 19.7S 31.2W
Quest Starter: Elder Scholar
Time Limit: No Time Limit
XP Reward: 15,000,000
Other Rewards: Boots of the Lost Heroes of your race
Repeat Time: 6 days
- You must be 40+ to initiate this quest.
- It's strongly recommended to get help from higher levels. If all are around level 40, two full groups may be needed.
- Once you start the quest, all fellows will get it. Players arriving afterwards can still talk to the Elder Scholar to get it.
- Players without the quest active can't enter to help.
- Only the members of the fellowship that gets the boss kill can progress. If multiple fellows do this, each group needs to kill the boss.
- If you're doing with multiple fellowships, don't use the portals to exit the dungeons until all groups get the boss kills.
This quest begins by talking to the Elder Scholar, and it's split in 2 parts.
PART 1 - The Silent City
- Kartok is being held in the Silent City dungeon. Take the Thusik Delta ringway to the Southern Outpost. Head northeast to the dungeon at 8.0S 23.7W.
- This dungeon is infested with undead. Some of them have as much as 20,000 health, and they're on a fairly quick spawn. Progress until you get to the boss room ("The Crypt Keeper's Lair"). There are two portals, and each portal takes you to a different copy of the room. Make sure your whole fellow enters the same portal!
- Inside, you'll find the Keeper of Silent City. He is guarded by 2 Fire Elementals and a lot of Perchers that shoot from above, so be sure that each group member knows their role here ahead of time. Once the Keeper is dead, everyone can take the portal in the room. (If multiple fellows are doing this, the killing group should concentrate on the boss while the helping fellows kill the adds.)
- Inside the portal, you'll find The Lost Spirit of Kartok. Talk to him to get his Sandals. He will now send you to find Degoda, who is being held in the Yokketh Bell Tower.
PART 2 - Yokketh Bell Tower
- Degoda is being held in the Yokketh Bell Tower dungeon. Go back to Ondekodo, then take the Nepeth Ringway to Northeast Nepeth Outpost. Run southwest crossing the Dillo Pit into the Yokketh Bell Tower (17.1S, 33.7W), and climb to the dungeon entrance at the top.
- Again, the group needs to work through another undead-filled dungeon to reach the boss room (also called "The Crypt Keeper's Lair").
- Just like before, there are two portals, and each portal takes you to a different copy of the room. Make sure your whole fellow enters the same portal. Note: The Water Elementals are absent from the room through the left portal.
- Immediately after entering, all fellows should go right and under the edge to avoid attacks by the 6 missile perchers in the room.
- Inside, 2 Water Elementals guard the Keeper of Lost Souls. It has 100,000 HP and a strong attack that can deal huge (600+) armor-ignoring damage. Each fellow needs to kill the Keeper just like before. Once the keeper is dead, all can take the portal in the room, but take care that nobody gets picked off by percher attacks.
- Inside the portal, you'll find The Lost Spirit of Degoda. Talk to him and he will give you his spirit and send you back to the Elder Scholar.
PART 3 - Crafting your reward
- Talk to the Elder Scholar again to get the recipe, which combines - Sandals and - Spirit to craft the Boots of the Lost Heroes.
- This will complete the quest and give you the XP reward.
- - Kartok's Worn Sandals - first item needed to craft the boots
- - Spirit of the Lost Heroes - second item needed to craft the boots
- - Boots of the Lost Heroes - Human reward for completing the quest
- - Sandals of the Lost Heroes - Lugian reward for completing the quest
- - Moccasins of the Lost Heroes - Tumerok reward for completing the quest
- Empyrean Boots of the Lost Heroes - Empyrean reward for completing the quest
- Sandles of the Lost Heroes - Drudge reward for completing the quest
Lore & Dialog
- The Elder Scholar tells you,"Greetings adventurer. In my most recent journey I have come across a dusty parchment left behind by a defeated Lugian warrior fleeing the scene of The Final Battle. I require the assistance of only the strongest of warriors to help me gather further information. What I have translated thus far speaks of the ghosts of Kartok, an ancient scout of Degoda's army. He is being held in a crypt beneath the Silent City. Make haste adventurer, I will continue to translate the rest of this document while you follow this initial lead."
- Lost Spirit of Kartok tells you, "Thanks the heavens you have found me! For many long years I have been imprisoned in this crypt, tortured relentlessly. But my heart is strong. I have not succumbed and have kept my knowledge of the Spirit a secret. Our legacy is our Spirit, that is the embodiment of the heart and soul of my people. There is another -my captain, the mighty Degoda, Lord of Linvak Tukal, who has suffered a fate similar to mine. His knowledge of the Spirit is far greater -seek him out beneath the Yokketh Bell Tower and he will enlighten you further. Take these sandals as a token of my appreciation."
- The Lost Spirit of Degoda tells you, "I see you carry with you the sandals of my most trusted scout Kartok. It is good to know he no longer suffers. For decades my tormentors have imprisoned me in an attempt to break my soul. However, I have guarded the embodiment of our Spirit, knowing one day there would be one who would find us and deliver our legacy. Thank you brave adventurer. Please take this vial of my own blood. Contained within is the very essence of the heart, drive and determination of my people. Guard it well."
- The Elder Scholor tells you, "Amazing! You have managed to speak with the spirits of both Kartok and and the legendary war general Degoda. I see they have given you tokens of their appreciation. In your absence I have finished translating the rest of the parchment and discovered a long lost ancient enchantment. Allow me to teach you how to imbue the Spirit of Lost Heroes into Kartok's worn sandals. You have been an invaluable assistance to me in this matter. Go well mighty warrior!"