Armor of the Ancient Kings
Back to Quests
Recreate the powerful Armor of the Ancient Kings.
Start Location: Mad Crone Mountains, Lake Artefon
Requirements: Level 45+
Quest Starter: Simlan, 19.4N 7.5E
Time Limit: 48 hours
Repeat Time: 7 days
XP Reward: 6,000,000
Other Rewards: Armor of the Ancient Kings
Related Quests: Catacombs of Artefon, Emerald Mines of Ulkas, Shoyanen's Solutions
This is not intended as a solo quest for a level 45. It's recommended to group for both the emerald mining and the catacombs, as both are filled with groups of undead. Before starting this quest series, you'll need a total of 19 Ebon Pyreals, one Shadow Totem, and several Aconite.
To make your complete suit of Ancient Armor, you'll need to complete three main steps in any order: Catacombs of Artefon, Emerald Mining, and Shoyanen's Solutions. Please see those quest guides for a more detailed walkthough, but they will be summarized here.
Catacombs of Artefon
- Speak to Simlan near Rithwic at 19.4N 7.5E
- Enter the Catacombs of Artefon dungeon at 13.7N 9.5E and touch all six tombs (see map)
- Return to Simlan to receive quest recipes to make the armor
- Head to the Emerald Mines of Ulkas south of Ondekodo at 24.2S 31.8W.
- Hand one Ebon Pyreal to Sontar Risoya
- Enter portal, defeat the guards, and mine 13 Emeralds
- Go to Mayoi, travel east to 5.7S 49.2E, speak with Orlen Jarlns
- Hand Orlen a Shadow Totem and get a Glass Alembic
- Fill the alembic at the Mist Curl Geyser east of Whitebay at 23.7S 1.3E
- Use your Aconite and the Waters of Mist Curl Vale to create 14 Suspension of Aconite potions
- Return to Orlen and hand in one Suspension of Aconite
- Use the remaining 13 potions to create your 13 Imbued Emeralds
Now, you should have 13 Imbued Emeralds and 18 Ebon Pyreals, everything you need to create your armor! The recipes for each piece are as follows:
|Boots of the Ancient Kings|
|Breastplate of the Ancient Kings|
|Gloves of the Ancient Kings|
|Greaves of the Ancient Kings|
|Helm of the Ancient Kings|
|TOTAL||18 Ebon Pyreal||13 Imbued Emeralds|
Each time you craft a piece, it vanishes from your quest recipe list, so you can only make one suit per week. The quest completes upon making the last piece, granting you the experience reward.
Waters of Mist Curl Vale
Suspension of Aconite
Boots of the Ancient Kings
Breastplate of the Ancient Kings
Gloves of the Ancient Kings
Greaves of the Ancient Kings
Helm of the Ancient Kings